Teak’s natural high oil content acts, as a water repellant, this oil will keep your board hydrated for longer periods of time. Oiling two times a month will keep your board healthy.
1. Only use Teakhaus Maintenance products. Use your favorite oil or seasoning stick for the same results.
2. Leave the oil absorbed for at least six hours, for better results let it overnight.
3. Wipe off any remaining oil using a dry clean cloth.
4. Do not let your board get dry, lack of oiling results on cracks, warps, or splits.
5. AVOID any cooking oil (olive oil, canola oil, etc.) These oils can become rancid.