When they aren’t working at farmers markets and traveling the world, local chefs Taylor Cook and James Seppi run their own cooking blog called Coseppi Kitchen. This week they are showing us how to cook up some vegetarian spring rolls using one our most popular square end grain chopping blocks. Make some spring rolls on aboard of your own, they use our 12 x 12 x 2 Square End Grain chopping block.
Veggie Spring Rolls by Coseppi Kitchen
- 6 – 8 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (we prefer Savoy cabbage)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, shredded or cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cut in half, and thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- Peanut Dipping Sauce to accompany
- Submerge a spring roll wrapper in warm water until it is pliable, about 20 seconds.
- Lay the wrapper on a flat surface, then layer cabbage, carrots, cucumber, tofu, avocado, cilantro leaves, and a few small pieces of mint along the center of the wrapper. Sprinkle on a little salt if desired.
- Now roll it all up – Start by folding one side of the wrapper over the filling, fold the short edges over, and finally, fold the last side over the top of the whole roll (see photo for visuals on this process). This will probably take some trial and error, so don’t give up!